donderdag 20 maart 2008

April kit Scrap-Club

Everytime I'm so happy when the kit from Scrap-Club arrives. Each month I consider it as a gift. This time spring is in the air with fresh colors.



Okay this layout is about a funny story. The journaling in Dutch says: Sinterklaas is absoluut mijn favoriete feest. Ik hou van de geheimzinnigheid, de verlanglijstjes, de gedichten en surprises, de intocht, de schoen zetten en alle tradities die bij dit feest horen. De waarheid vertellen over Sinterklaas heb ik zo lang mogelijk uitgesteld… Vlak voor Pasen was het dan toch echt zover. Gelukkig was je niet erg teleurgesteld maar meer vereerd dat je nu bij de “club” hoort die ervoor zorgt dat we dit oer-Hollandse feest kunnen blijven vieren. Dat je goedgelovig bent bleek wel met Pasen toen we met z’n allen in het bos waren om eieren te zoeken. Opeens kreeg je in de gaten dat je eigen moeder de paaseieren aan het verstoppen was. Met grote ogen keek je mij aan en vroeg: Bestaat de paashaas dan ook niet??I'll try to translate: I absolutely love Sinterklaas (our Santa Claus) and all the traditions that belong to this special celebration. Therefore I waited as long as possible to tell Tim the truth about Sinterklaas. When I finally did it was almost Easter and then I found out that he has been a true believer: as we where in the forest Tim noticed that his own mother was hiding the Easter eggs. He looked at me, with his big blue eyes, and said: The Easter bunny is also not real?

LOL!I printed the picture twice: a B&W and a color print. I used paintdabbers to cover the background (after Corinne Delis' workshop I'm not afraid of paintdabbers anymore, ha,ha)

I handcutted the part of Tims hand holding the Easter bunny and used foamtape to let it stand out more. I also used a little bit of paint on that gorgeous Hambly. And I adore that blue dotted background paper!!




This is my take on the April sketch. I don't know how to translate the title but if you look at the picture I think you'll understand. My nephew Steven was so sweet. When his baby brother Thijs lost his dummy (speentje) he let him use his dumb instead!
I used my terra cotta paint dabber for the butterfly, the button and the phototurns. And of course I gave this lo to my sister-in-law Jettie as she celebrates her birthday on the same day as Thomas.





I made these pictures last summer in the garden of our vacation home and I absolutely loved this view. That color ochre and those old barns where the swallows made their nests. I even tried (100 times) to make a picture of a swallow flying into the barn and in fact the swallow is on the lower picture.... I know it is....
I distressed the papers, used white chalk on the layers of the yellow pp and the cardstock and a aquarel pencil for some yellow accents on the background paper.



That little ladybird is too cute! So glad that Hidde in Thomas' group at school got a brand new baby brother this week ;)

I made this gift box (still empty....)with this inspiring new kit. Don't you love the butterfly! The letters are thickers from the December kit which I painted.

Easter weekend will be quiet over here as the boys are not home until Sunday evening. Therefore I didn't do much decorating.... but I made some nice tablepieces with chickens. Did I already tell that I love chickens. I don't know why but I really do!
But I hope I can decorate my front garden again this Easter. We've got new pavement, the boys are working on it right now (and OMG that noise, can I have some ear-protectors please????!!!)
Happy easter to you!! Hugs Petra

4 opmerkingen:

Anoniem zei

love it, love it, LOVE IT!!!
Especially what you did to the pic of Tim holding that easterbunny...gorgeous. I must try that some time too. Great story also! Even though your boys will not be there the whole time, I want to wish you a nice easter-break!

Birgit zei

He Petra,
Wat een superleuke dingen heb je weer gemaakt! Gave kit hoor!Wat een leuk verhaal over de paashaas :) en eh.. zag je prachtige LO in Scrap! Gefeliciteerd! dat er nog maar veel mogen volgen! :D
Fijne Pasen!

Astrid zei

Je LO's zijn weer geweldig en de kit heeft deze keer erg mooie kleuren. groetjes Astrid

D@nielle zei

wat een prachtige dingen weer petra ! en je lo in de scrap is super !